Wednesday 28 April 2010

Death on the croft

Jay (dog) just bit me on the end of the nose when I was drying her in the kitchen. She must have hurt the pad on her foot and I gave the area a too vigorous a rub. Memo to myself, shoot Jay. Would need to borrow a real rifle so perhaps I wont bother. Lost a bullock to a rifle bullet. Vet had to put the poor creature out of its misery. It had damaged a leg and then managed to find its way into the only bog on the croft. No way we could get it out.

And then a dog killed two of the lambs (twins) on Sunday. Must have been a dog as they were ok in the morning and mangled in the afternoon. What can you do, as they say up here, but carry on regardless.

1 comment:

cfisher19 said...

What a sad story....I hope your nose is ok! Hello from the United States! I just wanted to drop you a note. I came across your website as I was researching one of my books I am currently writing. It's a children's book about a cow. I love cows and my favorite breed is the Highland. I've never seen one in person, just in pictures and I adore their sweet faces. Your blog was very interesting and I thank you for the read. :) Sending you a smile from far, far away!